Debt Relief Help Lawyers in Los Angeles
Making a Way for You to Be Debt FreeDebt relief is the partial or total forgiveness of debt, or the slowing or stopping of debt growth, owed by individuals or corporations. Debt relief involves budgeting, contacting your creditors, debt consolidation, or filing bankruptcy.
If you believe your financial hardship is temporary and you are seeking debt relief, then there are available options. Our Los Angeles debt relief help attorneys at The Turoci Bankruptcy Firm are here to help you understand the right course of action for your specific situation.
Debt relief may be a good option until you get back on your feet. Set up your free consultation to discuss your debt relief options with our Los Angeles Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Let Our Certified Bankruptcy Specialists Guide YouAt The Turoci Bankruptcy Firm, we can help with the following debt relief matters:
- Creditor Harassment: Creditors and debt collection agencies are not legally permitted to harass debtors. If you believe you are the victim of unfair debt collection practices, our legal team can help you fight back. We have the knowledge and experience to protect your rights, stop the harassment, and even help you collect compensation.
- Credit Counseling: Discover the best ways to improve your financial situation through credit counseling. Those who wish to file for bankruptcy must participate in a pre-filing debt management counseling session. Contact us today to learn more about the many benefits of credit counseling.
- Debt Settlement: Also known as debt consolidation, debt settlement involves negotiating with your creditors to reduce the amount you owe to them. We encourage you to consult with our knowledgeable attorneys before trying to resolve your debts through consolidation, as debt settlement outside of bankruptcy can often be problematic.
- Repossessions: If you default on a secured loan, the bank or lender has the right to take back, or repossess, a secured item. Sometimes lenders are willing to negotiate for a lower monthly balance or a one-time late payment to prevent repossession from occurring. When negotiation attempts fail, the debtor may be able to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. This would initiate an automatic stay that would stop the repossession.
- Foreclosures: If you have fallen behind on your mortgage payments and are in danger of losing your home, The Turoci Bankruptcy Firm can help. Call today to discuss your options for preventing foreclosure. Filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a common foreclosure solution for many of our clients.
- Bankruptcy Alternatives: We understand that bankruptcy is not always the best solution for people trying to get out of debt. Some debts can be disputed, and you can fight against the creditor’s action in court. Non-disputed debts may be able to be resolved though payment agreements, refinancing, or financial assistance. Our legal team is here to help you find the right solution for your situation.
- Wage Garnishment: If a creditor has won a judgment against you and the debt remains unpaid, they can request a wage garnishment. The court can order for your creditor to collect up to 25% of your paycheck directly from your employer. Our attorneys can put a stop to wage garnishment by helping you file for bankruptcy. During the bankruptcy, your creditors will not be permitted to garnish your wages.